Global Property Sales – Junior Vice President and Associate Director – Leading Family
Office Asset Manager – Dallas, Sydney, Hong Kong and Colombo.
You will be involved in capital raising for established property projects around the world, starting with the Dallas and Sydney/Melbourne with historical IRRs of 20% +.
• Junior Vice President or Associate Director – Leading Family Office Asset Manager – US$1.1bn of completion value assets
• We are an established Hong Kong based asset manager with a newly opened positions due to the firm’s unprecedented growth. We are hiring in Colombo to capital raise from UHNW families and corporates across the Asia-Pacific.
Your role and responsibilities include:
• Identifying and exploring equity raising options for clients and their business, with particular relevance to real estate and property investments
• Structuring and executing transactions tailored to the risk preference of the clients
• Working alongside senior management to generate value for the property business
• Active involvement in business development, deal sourcing, client pitches and idea generation for the firm
• Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients
throughout the due diligence process
Skills & Experiences
• 5+ years of sales experience in investment banking/financial services sector
• A qualifying degree in Business/Commerce, Finance, Marketing or relevant disciples from a recognized university
• Strong track record in business development, sales and deal closing
• Experience in pricing and convertible bond structuring
• Knowledge of global property investment market preferred
• Effective written and verbal communication skills (fluency in English is required)
• Excellent network-building and client management ability
• Believes in the art of the possible
Working for a Top Tier, independently owned, institutional family firm. Specialized
services to Institutional clients and USD1 billion family groups. Colombo based.
• Selling the in-house research
• Deal structuring and divesture of private companies
• Organize corporate and analyst meetings as well as capital introduction
• Creating ideas across private companies to portfolio managers, analysts and dealers, across all investment styles – notably tech, late stage, private equity, and global equities
• Increasing the client base, finding and setting up new Institutional and UHNW Clients both domestically and Internationally, throughout Asia etc (where the firm has a strong presence)
• Responsibility for analyzing marketing opportunities in the event driven space – assessing takeovers, restructures, demergers, capital market re-financing for investment opportunities
• Prepare marketing material for weekly email product, encompassing the firms research and late stage venture ideas.
• Organizing events/meetings for corporates and analysts.
• Knowledge of financial products
• Believes in the art of the possible
• Humble, willing to roll up sleeves
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to manage up, down, and sideways
• Highly organized and responsive
• Thinks big picture
• 3-5 years working in partnerships, product, or strategy at a start-up or large
• 3-5 years working in Corp Dev at a large start-up or large corporation
• 3-5 years in management or strategy consulting at top tier firm
• Has worked in or consulted on development of or distribution of financial
Bonus points if you have/are
• 1+ years experience in Fintech is a plus
• Experience in development or distribution of financial products
• Strong Excel skills
Salary & Compensation
• Competitive Salary + Regional Travel + substantial quarterly sales bonus
• On Target Earnings (OTE) Rs12,000,000 per annum
Business Summer Internship Program 2019, Hong Kong
Full time, Internship & Graduate Trainee
A 10 or 12-week summer internship program to deepen your knowledge on the exclusive private wealth management space and professional investment sales.
What you’ll be doing
– You will be given great opportunities to develop your interpersonal skills through participating in cross functional projects with a boutique multi-family office. You’ll return to university with an international perspective on portfolio management, client relationship management, investment sales and marketing that will set you up for life.
– Work alongside portfolio managers based between Hong Kong and other geographic locations.
- Participate in pitching new venture capital sales projects with follow up calls and email follow ups
– Responsible for increasing amounts of portfolio capital, from US$1m to US$20m.
– Assist with liability-driven and high certainty of outcome portfolios to cater to client needs.
– Assist with new research and trade execution of fixed income, equity, property, hedge fund, FX and derivatives portfolios.
– Create regular portfolio review reports of client portfolio’s and risk metrics.
– Complete all client KYC and on-boarding documentation.
– Complete Statements of Advice and other client Strategy Documents.
- Be in charge of communication with UHNW individuals and families
Key responsibilities of the intern:
- International Venture Capital Sales:
– Exposure yourself to the strong growing venture capital space.
– Analyze venture reports and detailed valuation models.
– Organize and create pitch decks and presentations.
– Experience first-hand the responsibility of a front-office sales professional in engaging reputable organizations.
– Handle venture capital sales initiative by engaging HNW families and senior investment managers.
– Manage the entire marketing process of making first contact, sales calls, campaigns, follow-up notes and etc, to nurture the relationships.
- Client Servicing:
– Service our existing UHNW families by executing account documentation (information gathering, liaising with various parties, and following up for account completion).
– Monitor client balances and report cashflow status.
– Manage client advisory documents and review written communications.
– Attend client meetings across the region in person or via secure teleconference
*Through this experience you will be able to gain technical knowledge, customer relationship
Management skill and work with highly confidential information.
- Portfolio Responsibilities:
– Update detailed securities research and technical ideas.
– Manage charting packs and research feeds.
– Work on investment ideas with the portfolio managers.
– Present sound investment opportunities to the investment committee
- Operational Responsibilities:
– Forecast projected liability-matched cashflows and reconcile with actual incoming.
– Book trades on a timely and meticulously manner
– Resolve settlement and funding issues
– Track cash movements and handle security checks
- Administrative responsibilities:
– Manage client documentation and keep proper records to comply with strict compliance rules.
– Manage travel/hotel bookings for senior executives
– Process expense claims
– Facilitate mailing of client documentation, arranging couriers, or hand-delivering documents
- Maintain markets and legal knowledge and display an ability to identify the impact of change.
- A good understanding of financial markets across asset classes – essential.
- Some awareness of tax rules for non-domiciled clients.
- Some understanding of private bank products.
- Tier-one university degree in finance, accounting or economics with strong technical skills such as Excel, PowerPoint, VBA, Programming Skill and etc.
- Proactive approach to work and problem solving – essential.
- Strong communication skill.
You will be:
A strong team player who enjoys working in a target driven and client focused servicing environment.
- An excellent communicator with high EQ and think outside of the box.
- Confident, proactive, compliant, act with integrity and illustrate client and markets knowledge with a sense of urgency.
- Active across both academic and sporting arenas to remain ahead of a highly competitive and pressurizing industry.
- Good analytical skills and technical knowledge on investments in general.
- Above all you’ll be ready to soak up new sales and marketing ideas and concepts and take on whatever responsibility that comes your way.
You will learn to:
- Work with global business leaders with vast amount of corporate experience and portfolio managers with vast international exposure.
- Create a flexible working environment within a highly efficient and successful team;
- Service clients in a professional manner to deepen the relationship.
- Receive exposure to a wide range of asset classes: fixed income, equities, derivatives, FX, commercial and distressed property, hedge funds and private equity.
Closing date 15 May 2019