Major Domus Multi Family Office

Our References

‘The value I receive from Marc cannot be matched by any private bank – Marc is financially aligned to my financial goals. .’                                                 

(Client, previously 20 years with 3 private banks) 

‘In the first 2 months of service Marc Geary reduced my capital risk by more than 50%, did away with unnecessary commission products, increased my cash position to 30% and has produced over 5% USD return year to date (using only 70% of my capital). The process was easy to understand and implement, and my monthly review meetings are well structured and transparent.’

(European Client, previously 30 years with 2 firms)  

‘Mr. Marc Geary at Major Domus Family Office Services has been engaged by our firm on cases involving prominent private banks. I am pleased to say that the matter above was handled exceptionally well, in a timely and efficient manner, and provided our firm with the confidence to speak to the finer financial aspects of our client’s case.

He is a passionate client advocate and instructional in his dealings with a family’s wealth. We have found him to act with professionalism and integrity in his communication and approach to what are extremely delicate financial and family matters. The value of the client’s assets which he has assisted us with range from 2M USD to over 250M USD and we are pleased to say that his attention to detail and quality of service was equally high regardless of the client’s net worth.’                                                                               

(Hong Kong Law Firm)

‘Client Adviser has been engaged by our family for 5 years, since February 2009. We chose him after consideration of other financial planners for his transparent and genuine approach to providing financial advice to us. At that time, we noted his international experience and advice approach to investing, rather than product selling.

We have found Client Adviser to be innovative in his approach to financial advice in finding optimum solutions for his clients, rather than a scaled solution for his practice like most large bank financial planning groups. ’                                                                                                                           

(Technology Executive)

‘We are thankful to Marc for his friendship and assistance in structuring this deal and completing the due dilligence on our property team which allowed us to progress efficiently … and look forward to more work with Major Domus Family Office in the future. The assets involved are approximately HKD$ 84,000,000.00. We are especially pleased to recommend  Major Domus to other business owners looking to invest in the Asian region.’

(Founder and Board Member, Bank XYZ – Confidential)

99% of advisers don’t do what you do. You are the 1% that actually follows an institutional mandated process, with risk management. You build a portfolio from scratch, you implement risk management etc. You test everything. The bank’s systems are designed towards protecting the bank from the other 99%, ‘blowing themselves up’. In your case, I can see why our solutions may not be a perfect fit but we’ll strive to accommodate.

(Head of Institutional Trading, European Bank)

We were pleased to see our financial strategy not based on financial product and was in fact, actual written financial advice tailored to the family and took into account the many constraints we placed on the strategy and portfolio. The analysis took approximately 2 months. We executed the advice to structure through an offshore company and placed Marc as our Company Secretary to manage the cross-border compliance. The very last piece was the investment piece; which took over a year to implement given our US constraints, juggling investment risk, with property acquisition, with cross-border lending.

We have seen the following: prudent risk management; a bias towards holding cash; a bias towards to reducing equity positions; and consistent portfolio hedging, previously not offered to the family in 20 years of investing. While we would have liked a larger return this year, we take into consideration that the portfolio must support large cash out flows (to meet family liabilities) and the rising interest rate environment, which comes with guaranteed bond ‘losses’ on paper as we hold to maturity.

The team keep track of our family’s balance sheet for all assets and expenditure, fund all liabilities, and monitor portfolio cash flows, forecast vs actual, for all securities and investments to ensure the highest degree of certainty around cash flow for the family.

(COO, Sports Multi-National)

CONTACT US!